Dysport Demystified: How Long Does Dysport Last?
Are you wondering if Dysport could be the solution to your aging skin problems?
If you're looking for a way to reduce facial wrinkles and treat fine lines, Dysport might just be what you're after.
But how long does it last and is it better than Botox? With this article, we’ll answer all of your questions about this popular injectable.
Knowing the facts before diving in can give you peace of mind that comes with making an informed decision when it comes to caring for your skin.
We'll educate you on everything from efficacy studies to techniques used by professionals so that nothing stands between you and flawless-looking complexion.
Keep reading for the latest information and guidance!
What is Dysport?
Dysport is a type of FDA approved injectable treatment that uses botulinum toxin to relax the muscles that cause wrinkles, frown lines and other facial lines.
The active ingredient in Dysport is called abobotulinumtoxinA, and it works by blocking the signals that cause the muscles to contract. This relaxes the muscles that create facial expressions and facial movement.
When the muscles are relaxed, the skin appears smoother and less wrinkled.
Dysport is a minimally invasive procedure to treat dynamic wrinkles that uses tiny needles to inject the substance into your facial muscles.
How Long Does Dysport Last?
The effects of Dysport typically last anywhere from three to six months. However, this can vary depending on the individual and the area being treated.
Factors such as the dosage, the frequency of treatments, age, and lifestyle factors can all affect how long Dysport lasts.
The longevity of Dysport can also depend on the area being treated. For example, the effects of Dysport may last longer when used to treat the forehead than when used to treat the area around the mouth.
This is because the muscles in the forehead are larger and stronger, which means that more Dysport is needed to relax them.
Does Dysport Last Longer Than Botox?
There is some evidence to suggest that Dysport may last slightly longer than a Botox treatment in some cases.
The duration of Botox and Dysport treatments can vary depending on several factors, including the amount of product used, the location of the injections, and the individual patient's metabolism and response to the treatment.
However, a study published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology in 2013 found that Dysport may last longer than Botox in most patients.
There are several possible explanations for why Dysport may last longer than a Botox treatment in some cases.
One possible explanation is that Dysport may diffuse more easily and spread further from the injection site, which could result in more widespread muscle relaxation and longer-lasting effects.
Additionally, Dysport may be metabolized more slowly in some patients, which could also contribute to its longer duration of action.
It's important to note that while Dysport may last longer than Botox in some cases, individual Dysport results may vary.
The duration of the treatment will depend on a variety of factors, including the patient's individual response to the treatment, the location of the injections, and the amount of product used.
Dr. Mamina Turegano, a board certified dermatologist, explains why Dysport may last longer than Botox in this helpful TikTok video:
Factors That Impact Dysport's Longevity
- Dosage: The amount of Dysport used during treatment can affect how long the effects last. A higher dosage may provide longer-lasting results, but it can also increase the risk of side effects.
- Frequency of treatments: The more frequently you receive Dysport injections, the longer the effects may last. However, it's important not to receive injections more frequently than recommended by your dermatologist, as this can increase the risk of side effects.
- Age: As we age, our skin loses elasticity and our muscles weaken. This can affect how long Dysport lasts, as older patients may need more frequent treatments to maintain the effects.
- Lifestyle factors: Lifestyle factors such as smoking, sun exposure, and stress can all affect how long Dysport lasts. Smoking can cause the skin to age more quickly, while sun exposure can damage the skin and reduce the effectiveness of Dysport. Stress can also cause the muscles to tense up, which can reduce the effects of Dysport.
Tips to Make Dysport Last Longer
- To get optimal results, follow your dermatologist's instructions during your recovery period: Your dermatologist will typically recommend that you schedule your next Dysport appointment three to six months after your last treatment, depending on how long the effects lasted and your individual needs.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking can cause the skin to age more quickly and reduce the effectiveness of Dysport. If you're a smoker, consider quitting before receiving Dysport injections.
- Wear sunscreen: Protecting your skin from sun damage can help to prolong the effects of Dysport. Make sure to wear sunscreen with at least SPF 30 every day, even when it's cloudy outside.
- Reduce stress: Stress can cause the muscles to tense up, which can reduce the effects of Dysport. Consider practicing relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, or deep breathing exercises to reduce stress levels.
- Consider combination treatments: Combining Dysport with other treatments such as dermal fillers or chemical peels can help to enhance the results and prolong the effects.
Choosing a Reputable Injector for Dysport
When it comes to receiving Dysport injections or any other cosmetic injections, choosing a reputable and experienced injector is essential. Here are some tips for choosing a good Dysport injector:
- Check credentials: Make sure that the injector you choose is licensed and certified to perform Dysport injections. You can check with your state's medical board to ensure that they have the proper credentials.
- Look for experience: Choose an injector who has experience with Dysport injections and a good track record of success. You can look for reviews or ask for recommendations from friends or family members.
- Communication is key: Choose an injector who takes the time to listen to your concerns and goals at your initial consultation and who can explain the treatment process and expected results.
- Clean and professional environment: Make sure that the facility where you receive your injections is clean and professional, and that proper safety measures are being followed.
- Avoid "discount" injectors: Beware of injectors who offer Dysport injections at significantly discounted prices. These injectors may be using lower quality products or may not have the proper credentials or experience.
Dysport Durability Explained
So, how long does Dysport last? The effects of Dysport typically last anywhere from three to six months, depending on various factors.
Following your dermatologist's instructions, avoiding smoking, wearing sunscreen, reducing stress, and considering combination treatments can all help to enhance and prolong the effects of Dysport or any cosmetic injectable.
When choosing a Dysport injector for your cosmetic treatments, make sure to choose someone who is licensed, experienced, and takes the time to listen to your concerns and goals.
With the right injector and aftercare, Dysport can be a safe and effective way to achieve a more youthful and refreshed appearance.